Respected Florida Attorneys Practice Family Law and Criminal Defense
Experienced Melbourne family lawyers help with divorce and domestic issues
Facing a legal matter in Florida can profoundly affect you and your family. The trusted attorneys at Tucker Mitnik P.A. will work diligently to help you overcome it and get back to normal. Since we opened our firm in 1989, our attorneys have helped people in Melbourne and throughout Brevard County through the turmoil of divorce, custody battles and criminal charges. From our Rockledge office, we are proud to serve one of the Space Coast’s most populous and thriving areas.
Attentive Rockledge attorneys pursue solutions to challenging legal issues
Our firm is committed to providing responsive legal care, so you can feel secure you have reliable counsel on your side. Our attorneys are known for being:
- Personal — Your attorney at Tucker Mitnik, P.A. will work with you one-on-one, keeping close attention to your priorities at every stage of your case.
- Highly acclaimed — Our attorneys enjoy strong reputations in the legal community. Timi D. Tucker has earned an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell® for her high ethical standards and professional ability, and Keith A. Mitnik is Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Reviewed.
- Proactive — We persevere in collecting evidence, conducting investigations and developing thorough strategies to put our clients on the best path to a successful outcome.
Our attorneys and support staff are devoted to serving the Brevard County community.
Determined divorce lawyers work to achieve optimal results
We work efficiently to help our clients through the legal challenges of divorce, from pre-divorce planning through to the final decree. We handle all aspects of marriage dissolution, including:
- Alimony — We advocate for alimony arrangements that are just to our clients, whether they are the payers or receivers.
- Marital property rights — Florida is an equitable distribution state, so marital property is not always divided equally in a divorce. We make sure the distribution is fair to our client.
- Child support — Our attorneys make sure that child support determinations are based on complete and accurate financial disclosures
- Child custody — We strive to create custody and visitation plans (known in Florida as time sharing) that protect our client’s rights while serving the best interests of children.
- Out of court settlements — In appropriate cases, we avail our clients of alternative dispute resolution forums, such as mediation and collaborative divorce.
- Same-sex divorce — We are well-versed in the particular concerns that arise during same-sex divorce, including the rights of nonbiological parents.
- Post-divorce proceedings — Our lawyers handle post-divorce enforcement of support orders as well as modifications necessitated by parental relocation and other reasons.
We have a strong record of success in divorce cases, both in the courtroom and at the negotiating table.
Dedicated attorneys address families’ special legal needs
Our practice encompasses a wide range of family law matters, including:
- Adoption — When you are ready to bring a child into your family, we can guide you through the requirements of domestic or international adoption.
- Prenuptial agreements — A premarital agreement can help soon-to-be-spouses sort out their finances and expectations before a marriage. We negotiate, draft and review agreements.
- Paternity — We help mothers and fathers establish legal paternity for their children. We also serve as counsel in complex cases when paternity is questioned.
- Juvenile dependency & delinquency — We work tirelessly to protect youths and parents in Florida’s social services and justice systems, including dependency and delinquency proceedings.
In all family law matters, we offer dedicated representation and compassionate support.
Providing skilled defense to criminal charges
Part of our full-service legal practice includes representing clients who find themselves in trouble with the law. We fight criminal charges for a range of serious offenses, including:
- Domestic violence — In Florida, a domestic violence offense is an assault or other criminal act against a member of one’s family or household that results in injury or death. Domestic violence can be charged as a misdemeanor or felony, depending on the details of the case.
- Driving under the influence — Florida imposes strict penalties for DUI. Jail time is a possible consequence for all DUI charges, along with license suspension, fines and ignition interlock installation.
No matter the cause for an arrest, we examine the available evidence and search for new evidence and testimony to support a strategic defense. Our criminal law attorneys look to have charges dropped, reduced or dismissed.
Contact reliable Florida lawyers for help with family and criminal law matters
Families in the Melbourne and Rockledge area and Brevard County have come to Tucker Mitnik P.A. for legal help since 1989. To schedule a time to discuss your family law or criminal law case with an accomplished attorney, call our office at 321-392-5239 or contact us online.